Pages

Friday, August 19, 2016

Pley Review


I was asked by pley.com to write a review for them...I probably should have warned them that I'm not very good at sugar coating my feelings.  The information I received was that they rent out educational toys.  I will admit that I'm not the best at having educational toys on hand; honestly I think they take up a lot of clutter for the short amount of time a child can learn from them and have found other avenues of learning work just as good.  But I thought, "Hey, maybe this will be a good educational resource and I won't have to keep the clutter."  So I agreed.

I was pretty much disappointed from the get-go.  I got all the way through the website, giving some information and then it came time to pick which toy I would receive.  Big let down.  I would not call the toys educational; Barbies and matchbox cars and Legos.  I decided on a Lego set because I knew Eli would be excited about building it, but I was not prepared for the stress that went along with this little blue box.


We opened the box, dumped out the Legos and then I realized, "Oh my goodness, I have to make sure every single tiny Lego gets back in this box!!!".
 
Then Colin jumped up to the table and asked, "Where's my set to build?" and starts trying to help Eli build which resulted in Lego's all over the floor.


One toy and three kids=everyone unhappy.

Then came the real kicker.  It was completed and he wanted to play with the spaceship but I would let him take it anywhere because I couldn't chance loosing any pieces or getting any of our own Lego's mixed up with it.  Eli quickly became very sad that he couldn't keep it and had to send it back.  AND the amount of money I would have paid to rent this toy, I could have just purchased it new.  I would have much rather bought it than have to count 225 tiny lego pieces to mail back...Oh, that's the other thing, it was another errand I had to run in the 116° weather to mail it back to them.  

All that to say, I probably should have said no.  It was definitely not worth the effort or the time.  To all the other parents out there, DO NOT RENT LEGO'S.


3 comments:

  1. Toy rental, huh. That makes no sense to me either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is the weirdest thing i have ever heard?

      Delete
    2. this is the weirdest thing i have ever heard?

      Delete