Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Frozen

Praise the Lord that the Navy is moving us!  Even with a company coming to actually pack/load/transport all of our stuff, it still has been a little overwhelming getting everything ready.  There have been moments that I just feel frozen.  Like this moment:


I literally sat in the middle of this pile of laundry that needed to be folded for 30 minutes, half in pj's, half in church clothes.  Should I get in cleaning clothes and scrub the shower or should I take some time to just rest or should I fold this laundry and work on packing suitcases?  Instead of all those things, I put on jeans and we went for a family walk.


I ran to Target this week to get some moving supplies (aka a bunch of completely random things, ranging from triangle crayons to yogurts to a giant container of clorox wipes) and snacks for the packers.  P.S. I am terrible at buying snacks for people I've never met.  I thought it would be a great time for a little date with my littlest...and every.single.time he falls asleep.


Today, I worked on packing clothes.  5 suitcases!!!  Halfway through, the frozen bug came and I just stood in the middle of our room.  Alison asked why I was just standing there and I realized that all of us were just standing in my room, trying to figure out what to do.

The kids have been so sweet and have offered over and over to help.  It's hard for me to find jobs that are actually helpful, but I appreciate their heart.  I told them today to go through their room and pick out a few toys that they wanted to take in the car with them.  Alison filled the largest bag she could find with stuff and Eli brought in these 2 lego sets...and Colin brought nothing.  I have no idea how we are going to transport Lego sets across the country, but I feel so bad not including the one thing Eli wants with him.


As for as school, I stopped teaching last week, but didn't tell the kids we were done.  hee, hee.  I knew once I told them we were on a break, they would go veg crazy and the less veg crazy time we have, the better.  So, last week I wrote in their calendars 3 things they could do independently for school each day.  This week, I wrote nothing, but they have continued to do school on their own.  I am so thankful that I set them up on these online tools!  It completely saved me today!  They were learning and I was working and it was beautiful.


Blessing in the frozen stage:


We had some friends over for dinner.  The kids went upstairs to play and when we called them down for dinner, Eli said that they were playing school.  Later that night, I went up to the schoolroom and found this paper.  My first thought was Alison must have been playing with them, but Eli later told me that it was him who wrote this.  I have never seen him write this well...okay, the 4 is backwards...but it made me tear up.  It was so amazing to see him blossom when we weren't "in session".

No comments:

Post a Comment