Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Mood Boosting Green Smoothie

After my downer of a last post, I thought I'd share my favorite smoothie recipe that's sure to boost your mood.


1/2 cup green tea
(I steep several cups at a time and keep it in the refrigerator)
1/4 cup Greek Yogurt or Kefir
handful of kale and spinach
1 cube of beet juice
(poured a bottle into an ice cube tray and froze...benefits here)
1/2 cup frozen organic berries
(make sure blueberries is in the mix)
1 Tbsp flax seed
(bought a bag of whole seed, blended in coffee grinder and keep in freezer)
1 Tbsp coconut oil


Don't be deceived.  This has all healthy ingredients, but it still has calories. Yes, healthy calories, but you still need to be careful how you use green smoothies.  It's wise to think of smoothies more as a meal replacement than a snack or part of a meal.  I usually have smoothies around lunch, when I'm busy getting little ones lunch and then will have a light snack mid-afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment