Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Dear Winter,

You have made it clear that you are trying to kill me.
I hear you loud and clear.

You see Winter, we enjoyed you for a day.  We played in the snow you sent and drank hot chocolate.



But here's the thing.  This place we live in, doesn't know how to do winter.  We don't have shovels or plows and if the word 'snow' is uttered, every store shuts down.
 You think I'm joking, but I am not.

We didn't leave the house last week because the stinkin' ice you sent left our car stuck halfway down the driveway...and half of it was in the yard!  I FINALLY made it to the grocery store yesterday, but you've convinced my children that it's hibernation time and they won't stop eating!  The tub of yogurt I bought 24 hours ago is already gone!


Speaking of 24 hours, this driveway was FINALLY clear this morning and now you had to go and ruin that too!
 

And sending another tummy bug to our house was just plain mean.

You and I, Winter, we.are.done.
You may not kill me. That's all there is.  Someone has to be here to clip the kids nails.  
So, it's time for you to go.  Take your germs and cold and snow and don't ever come back.

Sincerely,
this momma who is about to lose it completely

1 comment:

  1. ba ha ha!! Spring will be a well earned treat!! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete