Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Needs improvement

Yesterday was Martin Luther King Jr. day and while all the public school kids had off, I made our kids do school because we're leaving at the end of the week to see grandparents (hurray!).  Princess P was finishing her reading time when the doorbell rang.  3 of the neighborhood girls were on our porch asking if she could play and suddenly my house was full of little giggles.  All 4 girls are very different, but they spent the afternoon making bracelets, playing restaurant and riding bikes.  I made granola bars for the bunch and helped them assemble bracelets and let them take my order 5,000 times.  And though they had fun, I realized how much I stink at encouraging friendships in my kids lives.  I didn't want to be feeding 3 extra kids snacks and their impromptu party was invading my "quiet"/get chores done time.  But I have to work on it, because I know how important it is to have friends.  As I think about it, I guess I need to work on improving my friendships as well.  There's things in life that are worth sacrificing time and energy and I need to make relationships more of a priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment