Pages

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Sick-a-phobe

You know a tornado is sick when he stops moving.  He laid in this spot all afternoon...not talking or eating, just sipping water and watching Curious George.

 

Bubby thought it was great because I let him watch insane amounts of George.  I, on the other hand, hate sickness.  I suppose there isn't a mom out there who loves sickness, but I believe I despise it more than the average person.  I definitely overreact.  A slight fever or sniffle and my brain goes into overdrive.  
"Who have we been in contact with in the last 24 hours?" 
 "What plans do I have to cancel"
 "Should I take them to the doctor?"
"What if the doctor thinks I'm crazy because nothing is seriously wrong?"
"I'm sure the doctor sees far worse than this."
"Maybe I should give him lots of juice to keep him hydrated.  But what if all that sugar in the juice makes him more sick."
"Maybe I'll just call my nurse sister and ask her for the millionth time what I should do."

Sickness makes me feel like a failure.  It's sad, but true.  And, as much as my rule follower Princess drives me crazy, I'm the same way and it kills me to cancel plans.  There's the ugly truth.  So if you make plans with me this winter, you can pretty much guarantee that I will have to cancel on you.  I wish I was more laid back and went out with sniffles like the rest of the world.  But I don't.  I feel like if you aren't feeling well, you need to respect your body's way of fighting germs and give it rest.  I also feel like you should respect others by not infecting them with those germs your body is fighting...just my 2 cents.

The silver lining to a not so great sick day:
I made ham and cheese melts, roasted broccoli, kale chips and pomegranate for dinner.  Charlie at 3 bowls of kale chips and perked up.  It really is a superfood!


Plus, I must get some kind of brownie points for feeding my kid kale chips.  Nevermind that it was in front of the millionth episode of Curious George.

Also had to soak in the fact that all 3 of my kids love watching George.  I know this will pass quickly.

Princess P devoured her dinner that night.  She said, "I'm eating extra fruits and veggies so I don't get Charlie's sickness."  She's a smart one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment