Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Big News!


Hubs and I are running the Crawlin' Crab Half Marathon, October 5th!!!
Training started today!

You may be thinking this is not big news at all.  
Babies are big news.  House purchases or engagements are big news, but to us, this is big.


A year ago, I ran my first half and it was an experience I had to do for myself.  I needed the running time to process the previous hard year and the journey was healing for me.  I know it's sounds crazy, but it was just something I had to do.  But Hubs was supportive and encouraging through the whole thing and respected the time I needed to be alone.

And now, I am so crazy excited to be on the other side of it.  Hubs and I are running together again and he's started running more distance with me.  This is huge for him.  These summer runs have been hard and now he's the one pushing me through the last few painful miles.

This week we decided to make our running relationship official.  We committed to train and run a half marathon together.  For some reason I think about blogging when I'm running, so I will be documenting our training.

Our training plan is brought to you by the Hubs:
Monday and Wednesday= 3-5 mile "easy" run
Tuesday= cross train (Ripped or weight training)
Thursday= speed training
Friday and Sunday = rest days
Saturday = Distance!  adding a mile each week

Today was cooler than normal and rainy.  I was running slow for some unknown reason, so I decided to make it a longer run and just enjoy the time soaking up God's creation.  This is what keeps me running:

the trail we run for training

Funny how things change.  A year ago I was scared to run in the rain and today I was excited and loved every minute of it.  I did however learn a few things when running in the rain.

1.  Wear a hat!  Rain dripping down my face + sweat = I could not see and had to run with my eyes closed.
2.  Don't wear mascara!  When I could not see, I wiped my eyes with my shirt and had mascara streaks all over my shirt.  I was a site to see.  In case you were wondering, Cover Girl waterproof mascara is a complete fail.
 3.  Keep a dry shirt in your car :)


Today's run was full of thankfulness.  I read Philippians this morning and was reminded to give thanks. always.  So that's what I did for 4.5 miles.  I'm thankful for a God who takes care of me and meets needs I didn't even know I had.  I'm thankful for my Hubs and that he loves me when I don't deserve it.  I'm thankful for feet to carry me through a beautiful path.  I'm thankful that our surprise baby #3 is now a big boy and does cute things like wear backpacks that are as big as him.


So, the race is on.  Anyone want to join us?

No comments:

Post a Comment