Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Learning to love


I have a fitness theory; you have to learn to love the pain.  Learn to love the uncomfortable feeling while working out and the sore muscles the next day.  It means things are changing and your workouts are working. 

This morning I decided it was time I take my own theory and apply to other areas of my life.
Like meal planning.  And grocery lists.

Yuck!  Big fat yuck.  It's a never ending chore that is horrible.  I think I spend more time staring at my planner and thinking about food, than I do actually purchasing and cooking the food.  I've tried meal spreadsheets and different plans, but nothing sticks.  I like routine and then I get sick of routine and want all new food.  AND it always bites me in the behind when I plan meals that need beans to be soaked the night before or a chicken that needs to roast for 6 hours and I forget to do those steps until the last minute...oh the downfalls of "real" cooking.

But I'm going to learn to love it.  I have no idea how, but I'm determined to figure out a way to love meal planning.  I think chocolate will somehow have to be involved.

And then there are moments like this, that make me realize it's a miracle any food is cooked at all in this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment