Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2014

It's kind of a big deal

Hubs and I are going on our very first trip alone.  We've planned and dreamed about this trip for 10 years...and it's almost here!  I'm equal parts super excited and very terrified.  I know the truth, that our kids will be fine, but worry starts to creep in.

What if we all get sick?
What if they miss us too much?
What if they drive our friends crazy?

I realized one particularly anxious day, that my worries are just Satan's attacks.  He would love nothing more than us let worry sabotage our trip.  He doesn't want us to invest in our marriage or bless our family.

But I refuse.  I refuse to let little lies ruin sacred time with my husband.  Things will happen...that's life.  Nothing will be perfect or run smoothly, but the question is, can I dance in the rain as it pours down?

I'm going to enjoy every moment of this trip for all the times I've longed to escape life's craziness and for all the anniversaries we said, "Someday we'll be on our trip".  We will finish all of our interrupted conversations, we will eat quiet meals without having to get up 5,000 times and we'll go kayaking, snorkling, play tennis and go to shows without having to worry about finding childcare.  We're going to be refreshed and renewed.

And it's a big deal.  To me.
It's a big deal that we were able to pay for this trip.
It's a big deal that friends and family offered to watch our kids without us asking.
It's a big deal to see years of planning finally happening.
It's a big deal to see a dream come true.

On our honeymoon, 10.5 years ago

3 comments:

  1. It's a huge deal -- I am so very thankful you are going on this trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sooooooo excited for you!! love you guys and your adorable kids! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy you get to have this time alone! What a blessing from the Lord!

    ReplyDelete