Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Things I learned today

* This is the worst. winter. ever.

* Thomas the Train is on at 2 am

* Tummy issues in kids can be a symptom of strep

* Target is not the place to get prescriptions filled.  Prices are higher and I spent even more on treats for us while we waited



* Charlie is a sprinter and cannot be trusted out of the shopping cart.

* The outfits I've had stored in our van for forever actually came in handy today...sometimes I do  have smart moments

* Tahini is impossible to find in the grocery store...thank you Amazon for saving my sweet potato hummus plan

* Tumeric + white table = disaster

*Large jars of natural peanut butter are a terrible idea.  I do not have an hour to mix peanut butter! 

* I often forget that Hubs has hard days too.  Sometimes a listening ear is really good medicine.

* Apparently I don't look like I should have kids, according to a random woman in Target.  Then she asked if both boys were mine...I strangely get asked this a lot.  And I heard for the millionth time today "you have your hands full" when I only had 2 of my 3 kids.  What comment do women of only 1 kid hear?  What if their 1 kid really is a handful?  Do people point that out?

* I've always wondered how one becomes a "lifestyle expert" or "organization expert".  Seems like it's just a self proclaimed title.  Makes me want to make up my own title...I'm too tired to think of something witty...







2 comments:

  1. That's so weird you'd get asked if both boys are yours. While they aren't dead ringers for you, they do look a bit like you and of course have your lovely hair. People are strange. Sorry this is a tough week :( Tummy issues were the bane of my mothering life when mine were little. I didn't/don't handle that well at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People with 1 kid get asked, "Is this your only one?", followed by a glare that indicates you're not really a parent. Trust me on that.

    FYI, I've found Tahini at Farm Fresh in the natural foods section.

    Hope everyone's better soon!

    ReplyDelete