Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

It's a beautiful day

Charlie's double ear infection/beginning of strep/tummy issues/the worst diaper rash ever is finally gone.
Praise the Lord!

Sleep has finally returned to our house.
Praise the Lord!

My tahini finally arrived and the sweet potato hummus is made.
I guess I should praise the Lord for this too, but it was more to make you smile :)
 
Wednesday was my last day teaching.


I'm not really a "selfie" person, but I felt I had to document this moment for myself.
This spot was a place I dreamed of being in.  It was a place I fought hard to get to.  It was the spot that I stood in for many hours.  It grew me, challenged me and changed me.  And it was hard to say good-bye.

But the last few days have been full of encouragement, peace and joy.

What did I learn this week? 
There is so much beauty in this life.

Beauty in middle of the night snuggles.
Beauty in excellent doctors.
Beauty in self-control and not adding a single thing to a to-do list.
Beauty in older friends who offer wise counsel and genuinely love your kids.
Beauty in friends who know your heart and life long friends who understand your character.
Beauty in a Hubs with a perfect nose.
Beauty in being in the place the Lord wants you to be.

I hope you too are having a beautiful day!

3 comments:

  1. My son has a perfect nose??

    I am so very proud of you, just wanted to post that here publicly. In case you didn't know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But there is no beauty in sweet potato anything.

    Seriously proud of you. You've already found a new adventure, and you'll continue to find more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you both for your sweet comments. Kent, you always crack me up! True, the sweet potato hummus hasn't really been touched, but I give myself points for at least trying to be healthy.

    ReplyDelete