Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Snowed-in-Crazies

Let's be honest.  Being snowed in with 3 kids is like riding a roller coaster.  One moment you think "This is great!" as you sip hot chocolate and watch a movie by the fire.  Then the next moment you think "I. AM. NOT. GOING. TO. SURVIVE!" as one kid knocks over your hot chocolate and another kid starts racing around the house pretending to be an angry bird and the third kid asks for the millionth snack of the day.  We're going on our 6th snow day and I'm starting to get the snowed-in-crazies.

Here's my solution: a lot of coffee, a whole lot more of Jesus, a workout, a lot of grace and a big margarita.



Skinny Margarita:

2 oz Tequila
1/2 lime
1 tsp agava nectar or simple syrup



my quick simple syrup:
equal parts water and sugar....zap in the microwave for 2 minutes...stir.








Here's a 40 minute interval workout that can be done at home.
(3 minutes cardio, 3 minutes strength, 2 minutes core)

Do each for 1 minute:
  1. Run in place
  2. Mountain climbers
  3. High knees
  4. Bicep curls
  5. shoulder raises
  6. Tricep Kickbacks
  7. sit ups
  8. boat rows
  9. Butt kickers
  10. Plank jumps
  11. Jumping jacks
  12. Squats
  13. Alternating lunges
  14. Calf raises
  15. Right side plank
  16. Left side plank
  17. Run in place
  18. Jump rope
  19. Burpees
  20. Hammer curls
  21. Flies
  22. Push ups
  23. Leg lifts
  24. Scissors
  25. Sumo jumps
  26. Jumping jacks
  27. Butt kickers
  28. Plie squats
  29. Alternating curtsy
  30. Ski squats
  31. Side plank with hip dips
  32. half plank with hip dips
  33. High Knees
  34. Jump rope
  35. Jumping lunges
  36. Dead lifts
  37. Bent over rows
  38. Chest press
  39. Bicycles
  40. Full crunches

2 comments:

  1. Perfect timing! We do a babysitting exchange with friends, and I am just sitting on their couch, kids in bed, doing nothing productive and feeling a little guilty I skipped my workout today. Then I read this and got off my butt. I didn't do all 40, but I do feel better. :) Now I want a margarita.

    ReplyDelete