Pages

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Grilled Sandwiches


I decided to cut myself some slack and planned an "easy" dinner; grilled sandwiches and salad.

There are a few key ingredients to a great grilled sandwich;
1. Good bread...I used a home made french loaf
2. Grilled onions...slice an onion and saute in olive oil over medium heat for about 20 minutes (totally worth the time, I promise!)
3. Aioli...I mix together mayonnaise, stone ground mustard and horse radish sauce
4. Garlic salt...sprinkle on top of the bread while grilling

Pretty much any meat and cheese combination with these components is going to be awesome.

As for our salad, a go to for us is:
spinach or spring mix
sliced almonds
sliced strawberries
poppy seed dressing


Remember my "hard thing about cooking"?  I thought a quick, easy meal would solve this problem, but I was wrong.  A certain little stinker kept unplugging my grill without me knowing it!  My easy meal was still messy and complicated...

No comments:

Post a Comment