Pages

Friday, January 17, 2014

Coconut Curry Chicken



This is one of my new favorite dinners.  I never thought Indian food would be part of our regular meals, but I've fallen in love with the flavors and healthiness it brings.  This recipe is originally for the crockpot, but I've found it dries it out.  Instead, I simmer the chicken in our doufeu pot and it turns out way better.  If you do use a crockpot, cut the time and watch to make sure you don't over cook it.

Ingredients:

2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
5 large carrots, peeled and diced

Blend together (I use a Vitamix) and pour over chicken:

1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1 large bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 (5 oz ) can tomato paste
1 (14 oz) can coconut milk
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp garam masala

Serve over basmati rice and top with cilantro


I'm hosting my first baby shower in a couple of weeks, so I've started working on some decorations.  I'm working off a yellow and grey inspiration, which I've fallen in love with.  I set the table our coconut curry chicken night, in hopes of a nice dinner.  Lesson soon learned: table clothes and toddlers do not mix! 

2 comments:

  1. Carrots! I'm going to add those to my chicken curry recipe next time, good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your recipes-always so delicious!

    ReplyDelete