Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

It's the most wonderful time of the year

The Nativity is up and we've begun our family Advent readings.  My bible lays open to Luke chapter 1 in the center of our kitchen, as I pray our focus this Season is on Jesus. 

We don't do Santa or Elf on the shelf with our kids, but teach them that we celebrate Jesus' birth by giving gifts, just like the wise men brought Jesus gift and like God gave us the gift of his only son.



But I have a confession.  I love Christmas movies.  Not the good ole classics, no, the cheesy, romantic comedies that are made for TV and have nothing to do with Jesus.  They might just be my love language.  Pair that with a Christmas puzzle, a hot drink, a lit fireplace and some peppernuts and I am one happy girl.

Every year, for the month of December, I go into this wonderful place.  A place where I make time for things I really love.  I bake cookies and make gifts with the kids, and when they're asleep, I put on a movie and work on my puzzle.  I'm happy and I think in turn, the house is happier. 

Tonight as I was finishing up chores and putting the kids to bed and anticipating my upcoming "me time", I realized that I need to find something that gives me this wonderful time, year round.  I would normally say running would be this, but I love that Hubs and I exercise together. 

Perhaps 2014 will be the year of finding my hobby, aka year round wonderful time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment