Pages

Friday, November 15, 2013

S'More cobbler

We host our church's small group twice a month and I always serve a dessert and decaf coffee.  This week, as I planned the dessert, I went to a friends Pinterest page and searched her "desserts to try" board.  I thought it would be sweet to make a desired dessert for her.  The recipe was for S'more Cookie Bars...
S'mores Cookie Bars
I even thought I would be extra cool and make my own graham crackers.

















I tried a new graham cracker recipe and they were not my favorite...should have been my first sign to give up on this fabulous dessert.  But I persevered on, mixed up the easy dessert and this is what came out of my oven:


When I pulled it out, the marshmallows were puffed up and had eaten the topping.  I set it on the counter and just started laughing.
Biggest Pinterest fail to date.
I left it out with a picture of what it was supposed to look like next to it.  I figured we could all have a good laugh about it and eat some fruit instead.  My guests asked if they could still eat it and said it tasted fine...my friend said we should just rename it to S'more cobbler.  You really can't go wrong with chocolate and marshmallow, if you don't mind eating it with a fork.  But don't be deceived, I would still say it's a fail.  By the time guests left, what remained in the pan was rock hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment