Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Hubs' Fancy Schmancy Chili

Hubs makes the best chili.  It's way beyond a can of chili beans and hamburger...it's amazing!  We usually top it with Frito's and sour cream (healthy, I know) and the beer is optional :)
I tease Hubs that I have to document all of his cooking, so that if he dies first I can still eat all my favorite food.  I really do love him more than food, I promise.

1/2 a bag of black and pinto beans, soaked over night
1 can Rotelle-chili mix
4 roma tomatoes, diced
chicken broth
1/2 tsp. Ancho, chipotle and chili powder
1 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 lb hamburger
12 oz. Denver griller steak, seared 1 minute on each side.  let sit for 10 minutes before dicing
2 small onions, diced
2 mild peppers (ancho and pablo), diced
3 tsp salt
1 Tbsp cumin
3 cloves garlic
juice from 1/2 lime
1 cinnamon stick (remove before eating)
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning


We go through a lot of seasonings in this house and when I found this at Target this morning, I fell in love.  They're all so pretty and organized...made my heart go pitter-patter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment