Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

Better with Age

Hubs and I ran in the annual local 5k last weekend.
It's fun to have traditions and to be able to look back at life.

Here's me running 4 years ago...I was 3 months pregnant with Bubby.





I have no idea why we decided to run that year.  I remember we signed up the morning of the race, pushed a large 2 year old Princess P in the stroller (which we later found out was "illegal") and had to stop several times along the course.  Then, shortly after the race, Princess P had her first accident since potty training and had to wear one of our race shirts the rest of the morning.


Good times.


2 years later, we ran again...this time I was unknowingly pregnant with Charlie.
 

We left the kids with some friends that year and ran much faster, placing 1st and 2nd place!
I remember wanting to quit the whole race because I was getting passed by little, tiny kids and old men.  Thankfully I didn't, or I wouldn't have gotten that really cool beer glass.


Hubs ran the following year with the Y's group and placed 2nd place again.
I was still in "just had a baby"stage of life and stayed home with the kids.
It was so hard to stay home...


This year we left the kids at the Y, ran with our church's group and were anxious to reclaim our titles.


We both ran personal best 5k's, but sadly there was some fast out of town competition and I only placed 3rd for my age group.  I'm still kinda mad Hubs didn't place...for crying out loud, he ran a 23 min 5k!


As I look back at our running journey, I'm simply proud of us.
Never would I have thought that we would get more in shape as we aged.
I thought we were in our "prime" in our 20's, but I was completely wrong.
"Prime" just keeps getting better and I can't wait to see where we are in 4 more years.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment